I’m Abby, a Georgia based wedding and portrait photographer. I’m so glad you’re here! Getting to know my clients is a very important part of our journey together. So, here are a few things you might want to know about me!
If you can say, Geaux LSU Tigers then you won’t have any problems pronouncing my last name! Breaux, sounds like “Bro.” And yes, “what’s up Breaux?” was a common greeting growing up. Feel free to use it!
Breaux is originated from the cajun culture of Louisiana, but the french roots don’t stop there. During my middle school years, my parents and I lived in Paris, France which heavily influenced my love of culture and documentation. It started with journal after journal of writing and then photography. It was such an amazing opportunity that I felt the need to capture all of its wonderful parts. Because of that, I tend to think that Paris is where I found photography, but as I get older and look back on my childhood, I realize that it is my mom. She was very involved in my childhood as she always had a camera at my special events. She was on the yearbook staff taking pictures at my elementary school and preserved many memories for our family. Documenting special events were and are still important to her. And because of that, our family now has boxes upon boxes of family photos for us to enjoy and play “remember when?” That’s one of the most powerful parts of photography.
When deciding on my major at the University of North Georgia my decision was based on a simple question I asked myself, what makes me happy? The answer came easy. Photography. I graduated in 2012 with a B.S. in Art Marketing-Photography. My junior year of college was spent abroad in England exclusively studying photography. It was during this time that I realized how much I loved photographing people.
The story of my life and how it led me to photography is one that I love to share because I want my clients to know that my experiences help create my philosophy which is to document you and your loved ones as simply you. Happy occasions in your life, such as your wedding day, your upcoming senior year, your first child (or pet child) will always be done with an enthusiasm to tell your story. And years from now, when you look back on these pictures you won’t just be reminded of a happy time, you will also feel that you are there, re-living the best moments of your life.
Think we’d be a good fit? Head over to the contact page on my website and let’s chat! I can’t wait to hear your story!
Abby's Fun Facts
- My fiancé, David, is a big part of my business and has helped me be the best version of myself for the past 7 years!
- My go-to drink at Starbucks is a Very Berry Hibiscus. Yum!
- Fall is my favorite season!
- My mom’s pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are the best!
- I have more hats than I do shoes. Fedoras are my favorite type!
- I was a color guard girl! What goes up must be caught!
- My parents bought me my first camera!
- I love spoiling my niece Ella Grace and my nephew Aiden! They are 9 and 11.
- When I was little, I wanted to be Jasmine when I grew up!
- I love animals. I'm still looking for the bride and groom who brings their dog to the wedding!
- I have traveled to 16 countries! I LOVE visiting new places.